Staying in Christiansted, but want to see what all this “West is Best” hype is all about? Here’s a fun day trip suggestion:
- First stop: Cruzan Rum Distillery where you can take a guided walking tour of the only still functioning historic distillery of the U.S. Virgin Islands – and sample the rum, of course! You’ll be glad to have a trunk as it’s nearly impossible to walk away without a duty-free box of your favorite flavors to take home. Cruzan Rum is open Monday – Friday 9-4, Saturday 10-2, and closed on Sunday unless there is a cruise ship.
- From there, you’ll probably be hungry and we know just the place to take care of that. Turtle’s Deli is located on Strand Street in Frederiksted. Their bread is home-baked and each sandwich is packed with goodness. Turtle’s Deli is open Monday – Saturday 8:30-5:30.
- Spend the afternoon at Rainbow Beach where you can find excellent food and drinks at Rhythms at Rainbow and rent everything from beach chairs to jet skis from West End Water Sports. Be sure to stick around for sunset. You might even catch a green flash!
Centerline Car Rentals never condones drinking and driving. Please drink responsibly or be sure to have a designated driver.
Want to enter our Perfect Day on St. Croix Contest? Tell us about your perfect island day!
Each month we will randomly select someone to win a fun prize: either a 1-day Jeep rental from Centerline (must be a qualified renter) or a $50 gift card (options for people both local to St. Croix and off island). There are three ways to enter:
- Post your Perfect Day itinerary to the Centerline Car Rentals Facebook page with #perfectdaySTX. You may also upload it to Facebook on our Perfect Day contest page.
- Tweet your Perfect Day itinerary using #perfectdaySTX and tag @STXRentalCar.
- Post your Perfect Day itinerary on Instagram using #perfectdaySTX and tag @STXRentalCar.