Whether you start your Monday at the crack of dawn watching a beautiful Caribbean sunrise or spend a day in the sun at the beach, by evening you’ll surely be feeling crabby — but not in a cantankerous way! Head to BREW STX in the afternoon for a fresh, local beer and Crab Races with Tito and Sue. Here’s how it works:
- Arrive at 5 (or earlier!) to do some Boardwalk people watching — Crab Races start at 5:30.
- Order a beer from one of the friendly bartenders or servers (that part is easy!).
- Choose Soldier Crabs (a.k.a. hermit crabs) for $2 each and name them, preferably something that sounds fast!
- Crabs are tagged and put in a bucket until race time.
- At the sound of Sue’s kazoo, crabs are released at the center of a circle.
- Cheer for your crab as Tito calls the riveting race!
- The first crab to make it to the outside of the circle is the winner!!
There are four heats and a finals round, with winners receiving some awesome prizes. And all kiddos get a fun prize from Tito and Sue. Tito and Sue are also at Deep End Bar and Grill on Friday evenings.
Stay for dinner at BREW STX or, if you’re feeling especially crabby, head east to Blue Water Terrace for their All-You-Can-Eat Night (Monday’s only). For one set price, you’ll be served courses of soup, salad, bread, mussels, prime rib and crab legs or lobster with a side of corn-on-the-cob and baked potato. And you can ask for as much prime rib and crab legs/lobster as you want!